Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I Spy With My Little Eye..............

There are so many things that people can learn just by looking at each other.  Facebook is the prime example of this, because these days we can learn virtually anything about someone by their page. From  how they dress ,who they date,  and how much they drink… facebook tells it all. While we are sitting there creeping on people via facebook, this is a form of doing unobtrusive research. We are observing what other people are doing via internet, without them knowing we are doing so.
What do other people think about unobtrusive research? Lets take a look at some  class mates blogs…
Going along with the connection I just made about facebook Steph's Blog relates very well to what I was just referring to about facebook. I really like the connection that she made to celebrities, and the quote she took from Kim Kardashian coincides well with the point she was making.
 Another person’s blog that caught my eye was Roberta's Blog . Being a girl, naturally fashion is something that I am very interested in. I liked the point that she Roberta made about how people get paid in the fashion industry to simply observe what others are wearing. So this made me think.. I could be getting paid for waiting on the shuttle line at school, and making fashion comments on what not to wear to toads! This blog was catchy, and definitely appealed to me, and I think the target audience she was trying to reach.
All in all its interesting to see the different ideas that people come up with in regards to unobtrusive research.

No comments:

Post a Comment