Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Classmate's Blogs

Whats on the agenda for this week?  To find out what my classmates are writing about. I think this is a positive way on learning how to blog. This experience is a first for me, so going through some of my peer’s work has definitely helped.
Being interested in entertainment seems to be a popular topic in the blogger world of our public relations research class. I was looking at Lindsay's Blog and her topic caught my attention. I remember in class she mentioned how she had an internship with NBC  this past summer, so I figured it was only natural she picked a topic relating to NBC. I liked the way she opened her blog with getting the reader involved. She followed the right format in talking about ethics, and picked a topic that intrigues the reader by asking the questions she did in the beginning. The Olympics is a major event that everyone knows about, so it serves as an appropriate topic to write about. The type of opening that she used is something that I will definitely consider using in the future.
As I scrolled down the blogs, I came across Laura's Blog. The two of us have had multiple public relations courses together, so I figured I would probably be interested in something that she had to say. It turns out I was right! As a read through this blog post, I though it was ironic that we both used the example of the ever popular almost five foot (with the poof) Snooki! It is almost inevitable that the reality show Jersey Shore is brought up in college students' blogs. It  started out as just a reality show, but has really blown up into so much more. There are people that aspire to be like these characters on the show, and  truly love to GTL. I just thought it was interesting the different examples and view points that we both took from her, and how we were able to relate it to something we learned in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment